African Health Monitor Issue #15
The articles in this issue of the African Health Monitor deal with important issues in the African Region: children mortality from preventable and treatable diseases; maternal and newborn mortality, the highest in the world; malaria; cancer of the cervix, the commonest and leading cause of mortality among women in the African Region; and progress on the Millenium Development Goals. It would be useful reading for all health-workers and policymakers.
News and Events
- Tuberculosis advocacy communication and social mobilization
- Informer, éduquer et communiquer pour prévenir le cancer en Afrique
- Prévention et management du cancer du col utérin en Guinée
- Multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis in the African region
- Disaster preparedness and response in the African region: current situation and way forward
- Framework for the African public health emergency fund
- Recurring epidemics in the WHO African region: situation analysis, preparedness and response
- Health systems strengthening: Improving district health service delivery and community ownership and participation
- Preventing and controlling substandard and counterfeit medical products in the WHO African region.