Closing remarks of Dr Matshidiso Moeti - 1st WHO Africa Health Forum
Africa Health Forum, 28 June 2017
RD’s Closing Remarks
• Honorable Minister of Health of Rwanda
• Honorable Health Ministers
• Esteemed partners
• Distinguished guests
• Youth among us
• Ladies and gentlemen
• This Call to Action heralds the end of a very full programme and the conclusion of our 1st Africa Health Forum.
• I thank His Excellency Paul Kagame, the President of Rwanda, and the people of Rwanda for successfully hosting this inaugural Forum, the Right Honorable Prime Minister Anastase Murekezi for opening the event, and the Honorable Minister of Health, Dr Diane Gashumba, for her wholehearted participation in the Forum and for presenting the Call to Action.
• The Call recognises that the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides an unique opportunity to reposition primary prevention in health service delivery and is also an ideal platform for catalysing inter-sectoral engagement and action.
• I am immensely gratified by the commitment to stronger collaboration and engagement among all stakeholders behind the goal of achieving UHC to ensure improved financial protection for the most vulnerable populations to leave