Medical products, vaccines, infrastructures and equipment
A well-functioning health system ensures equitable access to essential medical products, vaccines and technologies of assured quality, safety, efficacy and cost effectiveness, and their scientifically sound and cost-effective use.
To achieve these objectives, the following are required:
- national policies, standards, guidelines and regulations that support policy;
- information on prices, international trade agreements and capacity to set and negotiate prices;
- reliable manufacturing practices and quality assessment of priority products;
- procurement, supply, storage and distribution systems that minimize leakage and other waste;
- support for rational use of essential medicines, commodities and equipment, through guidelines, strategies to assure adherence, reduce resistance, maximize patient safety and training.
Major components of the medicines market are shown in the figure.
This section of the health system profile is structured as follows:
The English content will be available soon.
...: Données indisponibles
Ratio du prix médian pour le consommateur d’une sélection de médicaments génériques (ratio du prix médian local par rapport à un prix de référence international), au Tchad et dans les pays limitrophes ayant des données, 2001-2008